[STOCKCAR] Tire Options - Goodyear/Hoosier

Mon Jun 2 16:32:00 EDT 2014

John,

Be very careful running those tires I had 3 guys crash using that tire.  You need to have at least 3.5 degrees of negative camber in the front and no less than 1.5 degrees of negative camber in the both rears.  The tires have a very stiff side wall and hard compound so when the car gets away from you don't try to correct it the next you know you will spin and crash.  You guys not being pro's shouldn't run on Goodyear radials period.   The Hoosier radials HSR tires I can mount by hand because they don't have stiff side walls so they're forgiving.  The Goodyear radials I have a hard time mounting with a tire machine because of the stiff side walls.  We run K&N Series 2265 used bias ply tires all the way around on my Busch East Series Dodge Charger and run lap times at Watkins Glen of 1:57.8 on the long coarse.  When I put the HSR radials on we slowed don 8 tenths of a second.

My thoughts
Tony Vecchio