[STOCKCAR] UPDATE from the Mitty 2016

Sun Apr 24 06:50:54 EDT 2016

Greetings all,

 	This year the race weekend at Road Atlanta started out a little
damp on Friday...a few brave souls ventrued out in the morning session on
a damp track and was able to get full session in before the rain came
back.  Of course it hung around all day until after we  were supposed to
run again...I think only 2 cars went out.

 	Saturday was picture perfect and morning qualifying turned out to
be very favorable to some low lap times.  Mark Furcini won the pole for
the afternoon race with a time of 1:26.820.  Mark went on to win RACE #1
with John Finger 2nd and Brian Norman 3rd.  The track was a lot hotter in
the afternoon so everyone's lap times slowed up by ~2 seconds.

 	Stay tuned this afternoon for RACE #2...John Finger is "Mr. Road
Atlanta", and he might a few tricks up his sleeve yet.  By the way that
John Finger line up under the bridge of staying over to right side is a
faster line down the hill and through turn 12, but it really pays off in
the middle of turn 1.

https://www.race-monitor.com/Live/Race/40464

Race #2 is today at 4:30pm.

Thanks,