[STOCKCAR] Mitty 2017 - Update

Fri Apr 21 22:19:48 EDT 2017

Guys,

We think we dodged a bullet today...I lost my oil pump belt in the Q2 on
the out lap...I shut the engine down and coasted back into the
pits...put on a new belt and went back out to run 7 laps.

We pulled the return oil filter and found only normal break in
shavings...cleaned and will run it tomorrow before we pull the filter
again to see if there is anything else in it.

Other than that the engine did not smoke or run any hotter than
expected...215 degrees F Oil Temp and 180 degrees F Water Temp.

We think the Accusump saved the day...replayed the in car video...the
oil light came on coming into turn 7, on the exit it went out...I up
shifted to 3rd ~120mph, then the light came back on and I shut it down
and put in neutral...made it back to the pits...and the above tells the
story.

Here is the in car
video...http://www.hscra.us/MOVIES/Q2-LostOilPumpBelt-OnOutLap.mpg

--